Skip to main content
Try Wikispaces Classroom now.
Brand new from Wikispaces.
Pages and Files
10th Grade Art
10th Grade Engineering
10th Grade Foreign Language
10th Grade Language Arts
10th Grade Math
10th Grade Music
10th Grade Science
10th Grade Social Studies
10th Grade Special Education
10th Grade Technology Education
10th Grade Vocational Education
11th Grade Social Studies
11th Grade Art
11th Grade Engineering
11th Grade Foreign Language
11th Grade Language Arts
11th Grade Math
11th Grade Music
11th Grade Science
Add "All Pages"
Distance Education Apps
ipad distance education apps
As many mobile devices before the iPAD, portable devices lend themselves to learning anytime and anywhere. The ability of to have apps do just about any tasks that is needed.
The best and most functional native iOS app for Moodle with support for all standard Moodle modules. mTouch+ is for students and requires no server side tweaking or installation, you can begin using mTouch+ right away.
mTouch+ provides iOS optimized view of your Moodle site for the following operations
- List enrolled courses
- View topics of a selected course
- View course assignments, edit your submissions and upload files
- View forums and post to forums
- View upcoming events, add event to calendar
- View course glossaries, add entries to glossaries and comment on glossary entries
- Display and download resources
- Join course chats
- List quizzes and see your quiz attempt reviews
- View your grades for all courses and inspect grading details for a selected course
Blackboard Mobile Learner
- School enablement is required -
Blackboard Mobile Learn works with Blackboard’s Web-based teaching and learning software. Given all the important and secure information in your school’s Blackboard system, Blackboard Mobile Learn must be enabled by your school before the app will work on your device. There are several eligibility factors (all versions of Blackboard software aren’t yet supported, for example) which could impact the timing for your school.
Once Blackboard Mobile Learn is enabled by your school, it is available for free to all students. The app provides access to grades, announcements, discussion boards, course blogs and all your Blackboard course content.
To find out if Blackboard Mobile Learn is available at your school, download the app and search for your institution or check in with your helpdesk or technology department to find out when Blackboard Mobile Learn may be available.
Groupboard turns your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad into a collaborative whiteboard, allowing you to draw and chat in real time with other people anywhere on the internet, even with users using a web browser. Use it for online tutoring, collaborative design, or just for fun!
Simple to use - simply start the app and then draw on the screen by dragging your finger. Use two fingers (pinch) to scroll and zoom. Click the Connect tab to connect with other people.
Features include the ability to change colors, shapes, line width, and upload photos which you can then draw on. Log in as administrator for the ability to ban users and delete pictures.
Use two fingers (pinch gesture) to zoom in or out and scroll.
Cost is license dependent
Bring your Skype contacts closer with full screen video at your fingertips.
Beautiful and simple, this is Skype built especially for the iPad. Call, video call, or instant message anyone on Skype. Plus, if you add a little Skype Credit, call landlines and mobiles at really low rates.
Simple to use:
• Join Skype on our website or just sign straight in to your account.
• If you already have a Skype account, your Skype contacts will automatically be there on your iPad.
• We’ve made adding new Skype contacts really easy. Once they’re in your Contact list, call, video or instant message them in one touch.
• Flick through recent calls and instant messages in your Skype for iPad history.
• Skype for iPad works over Wi-Fi or 3G (operator data charges may apply). Call Skype contacts on their iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, PC, Mac and even Skype enabled TVs.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"